Experienced estimator wanted to fill immediate opening as lead company estimator. The estimator is responsible for preparing budgets, estimates, and bid packages for residential and commercial construction projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Review and analyze drawings, specifications, proposals and other documents
· Review plans and request additional information from the design/engineering team
· Evaluate subcontract and material proposals to ensure bid coverage and manage risk of scope gaps
· Obtain, organize and analyze multiple subcontract and material quotes
· Accurately develop unit costs
· Create and compile detailed estimates of entire scope of assigned trades, building system, and /or overall project cost
· Develop a value analysis by defining alternatives to the proposed scope that are more cost-efficient
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or Business Management preferred
· 10+ years of related experience
· Industry knowledge
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· High analytical skills
· Proficiency with computer applications (Microsoft Office suite and estimating software)
· Experience with conceptual estimating, various design phase estimating
· Existing vendor & subcontractor relationships a must
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with skills.
Athens Construction hires from time to time qualified professionals in construction related fields. Experienced estimators, project managers, foremen and tradesmen in the fields of interior carpentry and finishes will be considered for open positions.
Please submit your resume and salary expectations by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Athens Construction is an
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.