Available Employment Opportunities
Athens Construction hires from time to time qualified professionals in construction related fields. Experienced estimators, project managers, foremen and tradesmen in the fields of interior carpentry and finishes will be considered for open positions.
Please submit your resume and salary expectations by email at:
Athens Construction is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Estimator to have knowledge of construction means and methods, project costs, project schedules, site safety and construction principles.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Prepares complete project scope estimates based on customer bid proposal documentation with detailed pricing and bid qualifications from concept to completion.
- Evaluates bidding risks and strategies and analyzes alternative solutions, and construction methods to increase competitiveness.
- Reviews, interprets, and analyzes project documentation: drawings, specifications, project scope of work, geotechnical reports, addendums, etc.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and/or perform pre-bid job site visits.
- Prepares and/or reviews “take-off” quantities for use in estimates.
- Works well as a team member with estimating and project management team.
- Develops relationships with suppliers/vendors.
- Analyzes and reviews vendors/suppliers proposals for completeness and competitive pricing.
- List all project indirect costs: supervision and project management staffing, project schedules, on-site facilities.
- Work to ensure bids proposals are completed in a timely fashion to allow for team review prior to submission.
- Submit and review request for questions during the bidding process.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a construction estimator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil preferred), Construction Management, Engineering Technology preferred or equivalent experience.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret business documents, technical specifications/procedures, and safety regulations.
- Must be detail oriented, able to recognize discrepancies and have the ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to effectively present information both verbally and in writing to vendors, sub-contractors, clients/customers and fellow employees.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work as a team to efficiently complete jobs accurately and on time.