Available Employment Opportunities
Athens Construction hires from time to time qualified professionals in construction related fields. Experienced estimators, project managers, foremen and tradesmen in the fields of interior carpentry and finishes will be considered for open positions.
1. Construction Manager / Estimator
Estimator to have knowledge of construction means and methods, project costs, project schedules, site safety and construction principles.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Prepares complete project scope estimates based on customer bid proposal documentation with detailed pricing and bid qualifications from concept to completion.
- Reviews, interprets, and analyzes project documentation: drawings, specifications, project scope of work, geotechnical reports, addendums, etc.
- Attend pre-bid meetings and/or perform pre-bid job site visits.
- Prepares and/or reviews “take-off” quantities for use in estimates.
- Works well as a team member with estimating and project management team.
- Develops relationships with suppliers/vendors.
- Analyzes and reviews vendors/suppliers proposals for completeness and competitive pricing.
- List all project indirect costs: supervision and project management staffing, project schedules, on-site facilities.
- Work to ensure bids proposals are completed in a timely fashion to allow for team review prior to submission.
- Submit requests for information (RFI) during the bidding process.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a construction estimator
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Civil preferred), Construction Management or Engineering Technology preferred or equivalent experience.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret business documents, technical specifications/procedures, and safety regulations.
- Must be detail oriented, able to recognize discrepancies and have the ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to effectively present information both verbally and in writing to vendors, sub-contractors, clients/customers and fellow employees.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work as a team to efficiently complete jobs accurately and on time.
2. Entry level bookkeeping/administrative position
Athens Construction company located in east Pilsen seeking individual -recent graduate to fill administrative / bookkeeping position.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Phone call / email communication.
Maintaining office records.
Support the work of office manager and (3) project managers.
Must be detailed and organized. Knowledge of Microsoft Office a must.